Maps make the best gifts!
St. Lukes Chapel is currently part of the MUSC campus. It was originally built by the US government following the War of 1812 as part of a federal arsenal. In 1879, it was used by Reverend Anthony Toomer Porter as part of Porter Academy, a school for boys orphaned by the Civil War. Porter converted the arsenal into a chapel in 1883. The building was used in this capacity until 1965 when the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) took it over and renamed the chapel St. Luke, patron saint of physicians, among others.
This sketch, printed on archival paper, is double-matted, and can be purchased as either an 8x10 or 11x14 print, framed or unframed.