St. Lukes Chapel, notecards
Lowcountry Sketches

St. Lukes Chapel, notecards

Regular price $4.00 $0.00 Unit price per

St. Lukes Chapel currently part of the MUSC campus. It was originally built by the US government after the War of 1812 as part of a federal arsenal. In 1879, it was used by Reverend Anthony Toomer Porter as part of Porter Academy, a school for boys orphaned by the Civil War.  Porter converted the arsenal into a chapel in 1883. The building was used in this capacity until 1965 when the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) took it over and renamed the chapel St. Luke, patron saint of physicians, among others.

Notecards can be purchased as singles or in packages of 6.

Share this Product